Camp
Just came back from strings combined camp with HCISO. I would say that it was an interesting experience.
We had about 6 hours of practice everyday. Sipei and Elaine's fingers were peeling, so they decided to put masking tape around the fingers. I tried, but it felt quite weird, so I only put it on my right hand, between my thumb and index finger, cos the bow was hurting it. And now there's hard lump there. ): Met Dennis. Me and Sipei were quite -ahem- surprised by his introduction, but he is a nice guy(: pro too! Ma Siyuan was the other guy. A bit dao, but can play lar. And Dennis acted like he is his father during sectionals hahaha. And talking about sectionals, I feel a bit sorry for the guys, cos they waited for about 15mins while we three girls went to bathe :P but sectionals was not bad lar. And heard from Dennis that Maliming smashed his bass during SSO prac. =D
There wasnt much bonding games during the beginning of the camp, though we had ice breakers. The two ensembles still quite barely know each other. Except for some people that got alot of attention. Like The Big Guy Diyou (kaihui's stand partner), Larry, Albert, Alan. And a lot of us think that the p6 vln two player philemon is very cute! (: Water bombs could have been nicer I think if it was unstructure, like the one that we play in NY, but good experience I guess. And HCI campus is SO HUGE. I think we got to know everyone's names during the night games, trivia and other games organised by Mr Sze. And Orienteering too. We sort of lost Naifu in HCI, but found him in the canteen. Station task at Plaza Singapura was to have our group line up in one line, alternating boy and girl, hold hands and walk around the whole level where Yamaha is. We held and just ran. And someone's pants kept wanting to fall off haha. Went to Lavendar and sihui and one guy had to do a love scene. So hilarious=D=D At Clementi we were supposed to call someone from the other school and talk crap. Someone called Elaine. I think she was quite amused. hahaha(: Group 5 came in second, losing by only one point to Group 4. We got hundred points and they got hundred and one! A bit ke3 xi1 but we did a good job (:
Ensemble-wise, I think we learnt some things from Mr Chan. And it was an interesting experience to be conducted in a different style with the conductors having different emphasis on things. I was sitting at the last desk, so I was just behind the back desk violas. Some people need to work out intonation. Me Elaine and Sipei were making faces at each other when someone goes out of tune, and even Dennis and Siyuan joined in sometimes. And I think that for some of the decisions made, like choice of players for certain things, could be changed to let the music sound nicer. Also, some people should really think carefully before they make comments and stuff. Dont be biased. And dont show off. Please.
Oh man this entry is ending on such a low note! Generally the camp was not bad lar, got to bond closer to NYSE people as well. And the shedule was a bit slack, which I thought was quite okay. Had time to walk around and talk and do nothing. Oh and gossiping in the night, refusing to sleep. HAHAHA. Not a bad camp, I would say =D
We had about 6 hours of practice everyday. Sipei and Elaine's fingers were peeling, so they decided to put masking tape around the fingers. I tried, but it felt quite weird, so I only put it on my right hand, between my thumb and index finger, cos the bow was hurting it. And now there's hard lump there. ): Met Dennis. Me and Sipei were quite -ahem- surprised by his introduction, but he is a nice guy(: pro too! Ma Siyuan was the other guy. A bit dao, but can play lar. And Dennis acted like he is his father during sectionals hahaha. And talking about sectionals, I feel a bit sorry for the guys, cos they waited for about 15mins while we three girls went to bathe :P but sectionals was not bad lar. And heard from Dennis that Maliming smashed his bass during SSO prac. =D
There wasnt much bonding games during the beginning of the camp, though we had ice breakers. The two ensembles still quite barely know each other. Except for some people that got alot of attention. Like The Big Guy Diyou (kaihui's stand partner), Larry, Albert, Alan. And a lot of us think that the p6 vln two player philemon is very cute! (: Water bombs could have been nicer I think if it was unstructure, like the one that we play in NY, but good experience I guess. And HCI campus is SO HUGE. I think we got to know everyone's names during the night games, trivia and other games organised by Mr Sze. And Orienteering too. We sort of lost Naifu in HCI, but found him in the canteen. Station task at Plaza Singapura was to have our group line up in one line, alternating boy and girl, hold hands and walk around the whole level where Yamaha is. We held and just ran. And someone's pants kept wanting to fall off haha. Went to Lavendar and sihui and one guy had to do a love scene. So hilarious=D=D At Clementi we were supposed to call someone from the other school and talk crap. Someone called Elaine. I think she was quite amused. hahaha(: Group 5 came in second, losing by only one point to Group 4. We got hundred points and they got hundred and one! A bit ke3 xi1 but we did a good job (:
Ensemble-wise, I think we learnt some things from Mr Chan. And it was an interesting experience to be conducted in a different style with the conductors having different emphasis on things. I was sitting at the last desk, so I was just behind the back desk violas. Some people need to work out intonation. Me Elaine and Sipei were making faces at each other when someone goes out of tune, and even Dennis and Siyuan joined in sometimes. And I think that for some of the decisions made, like choice of players for certain things, could be changed to let the music sound nicer. Also, some people should really think carefully before they make comments and stuff. Dont be biased. And dont show off. Please.
Oh man this entry is ending on such a low note! Generally the camp was not bad lar, got to bond closer to NYSE people as well. And the shedule was a bit slack, which I thought was quite okay. Had time to walk around and talk and do nothing. Oh and gossiping in the night, refusing to sleep. HAHAHA. Not a bad camp, I would say =D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home